Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Personality

Magic
I started playing Magic the Gathering about 4 years ago. It was a way for my now husband and I to bond. We had stuff in common but we wanted an activity that we could share together. He already liked magic and played a lot with his roommate. His roommate saw my getting into this hobby as a loss of guy time with Michael. They would go out and do it every Friday as there way of catching up after the work week was done and when I started playing they didn’t have that guy time connection ( or something I never really understood why his roommate didn’t like me playing magic with them). I decided I was going to fix this problem, I was going to go the store they played at and I was going to bring them pizza, not just any pizza but their favorite: cheese stuffed crust, barbeque sauce, bacon, hamburger, and the works. So I got a couple pizzas and headed to Eclipse, I walked in and Michael was very excited to see me, his roommate mike, not so much. So I set the pizzas down and stop to talk to Eric, the owner of Eclipse. We talked for a while and then once Michael and Mike were done playing I took the pizza over to them. And being my normal clumsy self, I trip over my own two feet and launch the pizzas through the air and land face first in all the pizza sauce and toppings. I stand up, barbeque sauce dripping off my face and hair and just burst into tears of laughter. I run to the bathroom and clean myself up and then come out to clean up my mess. Everyone is dying of laughter and I see Michael about to pee himself. I walk over and start to apologize and he stops me. He says “Its fine, it was a nice gesture but we can order another one.” (This is coincidentally the moment I decided that I loved him) Mike stomps over to me and starts telling me how clumsy I am and saying things like “how could I mess up something as simple as getting a pizza?’  I proceed to tell him off and order a pizza for me and Michael. After that, Mike and I never really got along. Mike knew I was there to stay so if he wanted to remain friends with Michael he would have to get over his hatred of me and I knew that I had to accept Mike. Luckily we never really had to deal with each other much after that. After that night, Magic became a bond for Michael and me. It has remained the case to this day. We still regularly play together and we’ve gotten quite good at it. When we moved from Salem to Springfield, we were quite nervous that we were going to lose that bond.

Being my normal clumsy self, I trip over my own two feet and launch the pizzas through the air and land face first in all the pizza sauce and toppings.



I have always been very clumsy but the clumsiest thing that stands out in my mind happened when I was 6 years old I really wanted my mom to buy me a pair of ballerina shoes and a tutu but she just kept saying now. Six year old Misty was not a fan of the word no. Mom and I went to run some errand s and pay bills and I though t that at the end of all of it we were going to go to Walmart to buy my tutu and ballerina shoes. We finish paying bills and we head down to Walmart. Before we out of the car mom decided to say “sorry but were just here to buy groceries” I was so unhappy that I just sat in the car and ran errands for hours just for nothing. So I drudge my way through Walmart and mom ends up sneaking the tutu into the cart without me seeing. We get to the car and she gives it to me to put on. I was so excited until I realized I didn’t have any shoes to go with it. B ACKWARDS mom gives me the shoes but I was upset that the tutu didn’t come with it. I was throwing a tantrum the whole ride home. once we pull into the driveway I refuse to get out of the car “no, no no” I scream and mom had had enough she starts storming over to my side of the car and I start kicking my feet in the process of kicking my feet one of those plastic ballerina shoes I loved so much flies off my foot and straight through the front window of our station wagon. The window shatters. Mom snatches me out of the car and throws me over her knee, all I remember is pain and yelling. She spanked me and yelled at me until we were both blue in the face. Dad comes running outside and I start screaming for him to help me dad was always the good cop in our house he says” you got yourself into this mess I’m not helping you get out of it” I’ve never been in so much trouble as I was that day and anytime I think about being clumsy I think back to that day. Luckily my clumsiness has subsided quite a bit. I’m even spill free at restaurants now! Which is a big improvement compared to how bad I used to be.  Every single time we went out to eat somewhere I would always spill me drink all over the whole table. It was terrible my parents didn’t’ want to go anywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment