Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Pigeon: Impossible

This is Pigeon: Impossible. A short animation made by Lucas Martell, who wrote and directed the film with the help of hundreds of volunteers. You can find more information about Pigeon: Impossible or purchase some cool merchandise at his website: Lucas Martell Films

Today, we were tasked with the job of writing the story for this cute, short film. The story had to be from the perspective from a character, any character. I chose to write from the perspective of the other secret agent:
My name is Agent Smith [last name classified for your protection]. My target today is Agent Beckett. I will be handing to him a weapon of potential mass destruction, a weapon from the president himself. I turn down 1st Street, rounding the corner where my favorite bakery is. I see my target, Beckett, he has a donut, maybe from my favorite bakery. He sees me, we begin to walk towards each other. I extend my hand with the briefcase concealing the weapon and he extends his to grab it. The trade goes off without a hitch. I begin back around the corner to take my post on the corner of 1st and Central. I patiently wait for Beckett to perform whatever mission he has been ordered to do. As I’m waiting, I begin to hear quite the commotion. I round the corner once again to see the briefcase zooming around the air. At this point, I’m not sure what I should be doing, I stand there trying to maintain my cover, giving Beckett the time to correct whatever mistake he has made. The longer I give him, the more and more the situation gets out of control. A few more seconds pass by and I start to hear a low grumble and feel the ground shake beneath my feet. He’s done it, exactly the thing he wasn't supposed to do, I’m not sure what his task was but I know it wasn't to do this. I turn toward the Washington Monument in time to see the top open up. He’s past the point of no return. There’s nothing for me to do but wait. The monument is fully opened now and the top of the missile begins to appear. Bystanders are now turning to look, to see this secret that they were never supposed to know about. I turn to see Beckett looking at the missile, he looks to me, and I simply turn away. He made this mess, he has to clean it up. The missile is beginning to launch now. As it shoots into the air, I see Beckett extend the rockets out of the briefcase and take off into the air after it. A few seconds later, he is followed by a pigeon. I’m not sure why the pigeon is following him. A lot of the agents have pets but I didn't know Beckett had a pigeon. As he is flying through the air, I start to assess the damage he has caused. Bullet holes are scattered throughout the storefronts, cars are on fire; he’s really done it this time. A short time later, I hear a loud explosion, an explosion that sends a ringing through my ears. He must have fired his anti-weapon rocket. I turn in time to see the missile explode into a million pieces. Beckett has solved at least one of his problems. Beckett’s pigeon lands and about a minute later, so does Beckett. The pigeon has Beckett’s donut, Beckett must be congratulating him for a job well done. Beckett starts to conceal the weapons and rockets into the briefcase. He takes a quick second to look around before he puts on his sunglasses and blends in with the crowd. I’m not sure what will happen to me or to Beckett. I certainly wasn't expecting this to happen when I went out for my mission today. As I turn back around to get back to my location, the top of the missile lands on Beckett’s pigeon. Poor Beckett, first he messes up his mission and now he’s lost his pet pigeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment